I will say that the pattern was fantastic - the instructions are so clearly laid out you can't do wrong. I bought a cotton fabric from Spotlight which I think is actually a vintage reproduction kid's fabric but I'm hoping no one thinks I am dressed as a child. The pattern does requires quite a bit of fabric given the long straps that meet at the back and tie up, but the all in one style of the top makes it an easy construction.
I cut out a size 8, which is the equivalent of a size 12 in Australia. I did very little alterations to the top except taking it in on the sides near the underarms. Mainly due to the fact I have a small bust, so I'm normally making that kind of alteration. I chose a size 12 to ensure the bottom would fit as the priority. There's nothing worse than a too tight dress around the butt. I also added about an inch to the length as I wanted to wear it a touch longer than the pattern. For a point of difference and to highlight the waistband I added some matching red piping. I think it really gives the waist and pockets a lift and it was easy to do on this pattern. I have wondered a couple of times if you could add darts to the bust to give it more shape. I might experiment and see how that would go next time I make one.
This dress has made a number of appearances already and I suspect it will be on high rotation during the summer. I am really happy with how it turned out and I've actually had a number of compliments when I wear it, so kudos to Tasia and her Sewaholic patterns!